Monday, August 21, 2017

HONEST

Okay.  I have to be very honest with myself and anyone who happens upon my blog today.  I am a failure.  I have failed to make goals, much less meet them.  I have failed to use my planner.  I have failed to stick strictly to my budget.  I have been finding every way possible to use up all the food that we have, and then eating it without restraint.  Now the scale shows I need to budget more than just my money.  

Don't get me wrong, we have done a great job of really buying only what we need, managing money well, and saving during the lean summer months when our household income is lower.  However, I have just lost a lot of discipline in a lot of areas of my life.  My last post was about accountability and in that regard I have really failed. 

One of my brothers recently forced a goal on me - to run a 5k.  Its a race that I have done several times in the past, with no real problem.  But I have not run in MONTHS and right now it seems way out of reach.  My brother paid for me to run this race with him in less than 5 weeks.  So, right now, this moment I have to make a decision who I will serve.  My clothes are not fitting, my self esteem sucks...I snore sometimes at night, I have indigestion a lot and am bloated.  I know what I have to do, I know what works, but when I want to do right, sin is right there with me, keeping me from living a life that is glorifying to the Lord in many many many respects.  So, here we go, AGAIN, recommitting to a better me, a better approach, more discipline.  I pray that I can find accountability through this blog.

One thing that I am very excited about it my dehydrator!  I ordered one recently and am so excited about everything I can do with it! I envision snacks for the kids, dried herbs, fruit roll ups, beef jerky, etc. etc etc!  And I can also eliminate a lot of processed foods from the childrens' lunches for school :)  Makes me really happy.

I also taught myself how to install braid extensions in my hair.  This is something that I wanted to try for a long time....I understand that knowing this skill is one that saves a lot of money, but can also make a lot of money....I think I did a pretty good job, just need to learn how to seal the ends properly. 

I have also been pickling a few different things, learned how to make my own citrus cleaner and am about to make my own laundry detergent....All of these things are great skills and will save us tons of money.  I pray that I have the wherewithal to document everything here :)  

So, let me try again with goals for the week:

Thank you cards for VBS'
Rearrange and clean shelf in stairwell
Tidy up workout space in basement
Complete office space in breakfast room
Workout four times this week

Okay.  I am going to keep the list short and see how we go from there!  Time to get in order before the back to school rush starts :)



No comments:

Post a Comment