Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Daniel Fast Day 2

Yesterday was the second day of the Daniel Fast and I must say, the eats weren't bad, but the spiritual part was hard (and still is!).  Coming to terms with certain things that have been weighing on my mind and putting them squarely before the Lord in prayer is not as easy as it sounds, or as easy as it should be.  Acknowledging sin, grappling with heavy things, and putting burdens on the altar should come naturally, but I am finding out during this time of prayer and fasting that I have been holding onto a lot of ugly stuff and it hasn't been easy even acknowledging that fact!

Yesterday I started the day off with prayer and Bible study.  I finished Hebrews and read the introduction to James.  Next was my usual Apple Cider Vinegar in hot water with lemon because the coughing at night has been terrible!

I finally ate half of a cantaloupe at work along with bananas and peanut butter


My lunch was unpictured but it was a roasted sweet potato and cabbage with avocado.  Dinner was roasted veggies with avocado
Hoping that today I can put some of those spiritual lessons that I am absorbing into some real heart action!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment