Saturday, January 14, 2017

On My Feet

I have been on my feet all day preparing food.  I decided to do a little pantry challenge today. Instead of going to the grocery store, I am going to hold off for a couple more days, just to use up some more of what we have and stretch our money a bit further.  It is amazing the things you can find when you are forced to use what you have!  I made a bit pot of ravioli soup, and did not even realize I had a whole package of multi-colored peppers in the back of the fridge.  They were in great shape as well (and they are so expensive!).

I am so thankful for what we have been given, and I want to be a good steward over those things.  I can't believe how wasteful I have been over the years.  I have to repent!!  There are so many things that I have that need to be used up.  There are so many things that I want that I don't need!  I really have to continue to learn the art of delayed gratification.  God is so good and he has been so faithful to me in providing for me and my family and meeting all of our needs.  Funny how I was so determined to go grocery shopping today because we needed more food.  But when I stopped and thought about using what we have and then consider all of the wonderful things I have made today (muffins, steel cut oatmeal, waffles, a pot of beans, a pot of soup, stuffed peppers and hummus!) I realize that everything I need I already have.

What a great, simple lesson.  But it is so valuable for this culture that I am accustomed to of getting a lot of what you want, when you want it.  Even if it is gotten frugally.  Its quite possible that I don't need it!

What simple lessons are you learning today?


No comments:

Post a Comment