Monday, January 16, 2017

The Stress of Debt


Its time to sit down for a cup of tea together.  I know that I am not the only one going through this.  The anxiety of trying to figure out how to get ahead.  The fear of how to handle any financial crisis, real or imagined.  The dread of figuring out what to give up in order to get to where you want to go.  There is so much stress that accompanies having debt.  And there are no easy answers on how to handle this stress.  Its easy to say you should live on less than you make, but the reality is when you consider whatever your very real expenses are and compare them to your very real income, sometimes wiggle room just is not there.

Right now I am fully engaged in the desire to pay off my loans.  But the question I keep coming back to is HOW?  I have researched online and found many answers, but very few jibe with the life I am currently living.  And there are many things that I have real fears about giving up.  Ugh.  What do you do?

One of the answers that I committed to this weekend was selling stuff.  We are not pack rats, but we are also not minimalists.  I know that there are many things that I can go throughout my house and find and sell and bring in just a bit of money to pay down my (small) auto loan.  Hmm....I think I should do that right now...get a small laundry basket and start collecting things that I may be able to post on Craigslist for a small profit.

Also, I went grocery shopping yesterday and I am committed to stretching out the groceries for the remainder of the month with maybe a small stop at the grocery store for more milk, bread and produce.

At the end of the week I will report how much money I was able to earn outside of our regular income.  Lets just see what happens.  I will also try to post some of the frugal "use what you have" recipes that I have been creating lately so that we can be good stewards over what we have.

I already feel a bit less stressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment